Accreditations - CQC
Seniors Helping Seniors runs some health and social care services the CQC inspects: The regulated services we offer are Personal care Services. Our companionship services are out of scope for the CQC
- The CQC has registered our service, but it has not yet inspected us. We registered to ensure that all aspects of our service comply with the Health and Social Care Act (Regulated Activities) 2014 Part 3 Fundamental Standards, and CQC (Registration) Regulations 2009.
Registration means we have satisfied the CQC that we meet a number of requirements. The CQC says we are likely to be safe, effective, caring, responsive, and well-led. The CQC decide:-
- Whether it thinks we are suitable.
- Whether there are enough staff and whether they’ve got the right skills, qualifications and experience
- The size, layout and design of the places where we intend to provide care.
- Our policies, systems and procedures and how effective they think we will be.
- How we’re run and how we plan to make decisions.
CQC inspectors use their professional judgement, supported by objective measures and evidence, to assess services against five key questions:
- Are theysafe?
- Are theyeffective?
- Are theycaring?
- Are theyresponsive to people’s needs
- Are theywell-led?
What does the CQC mean by safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led?
Means that people are protected from abuse and avoidable harm.
Means that people’s care, treatment and support achieves good outcomes, promotes a good quality of life and is based on the best available evidence.
Means that the service involves and treats people with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect.
Means that services meet people’s needs.
Means that the leadership, management and governance of the organisation assures the delivery of high-quality and person-centred care, supports learning and innovation, and promotes an open and fair culture.
We welcome external scrutiny of our service through inspection and our Advisory Board.
The Right Choice
After 20 years in elderly care, we know how to effectively start, grow and manage business operations. With a strong franchise community supporting you, you’re in business for yourself but not by yourself.